I must admit, traveling was somewhat glamorous when I was touring with Lord of the Dance. Always dashing off to the coolest places and only having to worry about which party we were going to be going to when we finally landed in Sao Paulo. Its a little different now with the (super cute!) "extra baggage" I have with me! So without further ado, here are my Top 6 ways that flying is just a LITTLE different these days.
1. Before: I used to spend time to look "nice" so when the plane landed, I was ready to go. I would actually do my hair, put on make-up, and even wore high heels. (Yes I was that girl!)
Now: High heels are a thing of the past. These days, I make sure to wear my Nike runners so that I can track how many miles I walk through the airport pushing baby in her stroller so she can sleep. Last trip we had a 4 hour layover and my fitness app tracked 5 MILES between the BWI terminals.
2. Before: Brag alert! I used to have the occasional complimentary drink provided by the stereo-typical business traveller. It was of course very flattering!
Now: Other moms offer to buy me drinks (did I really look that stressed out? I thought I was doing fine, especially after that invigorating 5 mile walk!). And those business travelers avoid me like the plague on those Southwest Flights when they forgot to check in early and are now stuck with the C boarding group. They would rather sit between two 6-foot-5 football players than next to a potentially fussy baby!
3. Before: Showed up no more than 50 minutes prior to take-off (hey, Cleveland airport is pretty small!).
Now: At LEAST an hour and a half, if not two hours, before take off trying to get baby and me through security!
4. Before: Totally avoided early flights (I needed my beauty sleep)
Now: Earlier the better for us... At least she'll be in a good mood- Baby gets fussier as the day goes on!
5. Before: I could travel with only a carry-on bag
Now: Can't even keep track of how many pieces of luggage we checked... And carried on! We're like a walking circus.
6. Before: Ahhh... time to relax, maybe catch up with that good book, or Justin Timberlake's new album? (Gotta love JT!!!)
Now: The poor SkyMall magazine is ripped to shreds all over the floor of the plane. My baby loves paper! And it is a good distraction so she doesn't bother the businessman sitting next to us and spill his $10 gin and tonic :)
What are your biggest Befores & Afters????