What is this box we speak of? The Idea Box Kids company was created by a mom of three boys (shocker! she needed something to entertain them on an airplane?!) and offers these incredible little boxes full of wood coins with educational and fun activities that will keep your kiddos entertained for hours (seriously, hours). Here are some examples:
- Have a staring contest
- Have someone hide an object. Can you find it?
- Look out the window for 10 seconds. Explain in detail everything you saw.
Sure, these ideas are simple. Therein lies their beauty (no need to pack a huge back o' tricks). Congratulations, Mama or Daddy, you don't need to come up with activities on your own! Or maybe siblings could even play with each other? Awesome.
Sure, you could just hand your older kids an iPad. Or, you could embrace the adventure and take the time to engage with and enjoy your children on the journey . . . believe me, Mama, that in-flight magazine is nowhere near as important as laughing and learning with your kiddos. At least on the way to wherever you are going. On the way home, you have my full permission to order yourself a little plastic bottle of Chardonnay and open that SkyMall. Because you survived a trip with your children. Go you!
- Date Night (for kids!)
- Big Brother/ Sister (what a cute way to let them know they are going to have a sibling, or a great baby shower gift for the older sibling!)
- Caring (acts of kindness)
- Party favor mini boxes (Pirate, Princess, Science, Backyard)
- Tons more!
How to Win: